Liza and the Lions: Ghana 2010

Everybody thinks its crazy, but its an adventure that I am never going to forget. Four months, living and studying in Ghana, Africa. In the city of Accra I'll go to school at NYU University and Ashesi University, and volunteer throughout the city. January 9th I am off, returning May 16th, two days before my 21st birthday. What's gonna happen in between is a total mystery to me, but it'll be an adventure!!
Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 8, 2010

"I am not a pretty girl. Least last time I checked. I am too easy to roll over, I am too easy to wreck. I just write about what I should have done, sing what I wish i could say, and I hope somewhere some woman hears my music and it helps her through her day."--ani
"I am not a pretty girl, that is not what I do. I am no damsel in distress and I don't need to be rescued. So put me down punk, wouldn't you prefer a maiden fair? Isn't there a kitten stuck up a tree somewhere?"--ani
I think this is the transformation I have magically made while I've been here. I've grown from ani lyric one to ani lyric two. I've always had a boyfriend. I don't know how to say that without seeming cocky. I like boyfriends, I like having them, I've had them for a long time. I never liked to dive too deep into why, for fear of finding out that I am insecure or unconfident or, worse of all, that I need a boyfriend. Yet coming to Ghana has fully revealed to me that I am not ani lyric one, but ani lyric two. Now, don't get confused, because I do have a boyfriend back in the States, and he is absolutely fabulous, best boyfriend so far in fact. But I don't need him. I like him, I want him to be my boyfriend, but I don't need him. I am alright on my own. Its just a very comforting thing to know, and I am realizing I haven't known that for a while now. I am so comfortable, happy, and in love with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment