---I went to a bead making class last week. You would think I would continue to describe a super cool experience where I made real African beads, eventually creating some necklace or bracelet or some accessory. I expected that too when I showed up to the class, but we can't have expectations friends! I did not make beads. I made a necklace out of beads bought from a market. It was a little disappointing, but I was taught by one of the most famous jewlery designers in Ghana, she even held a class for Obama's children when he visited Ghana! So I was upset that I didn't get to make my own beads, but I made really pretty earrings for myself and a great necklace for my Mother (hope you'll like it Ma!)
---This same weekend I had my first attempt at cooking Ghanian food on my own. I cooked with my friends Liz, Neisha, and Kevon. We made red-red and fried plantain. The red-red was pretty tricky, but came out great. (A spicy bean dish) The fried plantain were easy and delicious, and I can't wait to make it for my roommates next year.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment