Doing work here is impossible. I have 3 final papers to edit and finish, and I just can't seem to do it. I have today and Sunday to finish everything, and I just can't seem to find the care in the world to do it. Don't worry Mama, they'll get done, its just seemingly impossible. My roommate Ava also has finals to worry about. She just asked me for thread so she can braid shells into her hair to match the rastas of Ghana. My roommates Sophie and Sara also have finals to finish, they're at the market, and then they're getting lunch. And the entire house next door is outside tanning.
Today I went to Street Girls to Volunteer in the morning. Then I went to the market to get lunch (bean stew and rice, sooo delicious), showered and watched an episode of Law and Order SVU. Now I think I'll edit one paper, read Fear and Loathing, and then maybe go to the beach? Tomorrow I am hoping to head off to Winneba for an annual festival.
Finals? Nahhhhhhhh.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am in absolute full support of final negligence. Uhh, dude, Africa much?
ReplyDeleteFinals...Africa Finals... Africa I know which one I would pick and it wouldn't be finals...
ReplyDeleteLiza, your blogs are wonderful and I can't wait to hear more details of your trip.
Seem like you've taken in a whole other world. Good for you.
I recently watched a documentary on the origins of the banjo and they seem to trace it to an instrument called the Ngoni and I'm almost certain it is very common in Ghana. Have you ever heard one?
I got so excited by the sound that I went on line to see if I could buy one but of course they were selling for a zillion dollars. If you haven't heard one you must try. It makes a wonderful sound and is tuned in some kind of open tuning but I'm not sure which key. The film followed a famous banjo player named Bela Fleck and he played with all these different Ngoni players. Very cool film.
Enjoy the rest of your adventure and if you can, reserve some time for me when you come home as I would love to live vicariously through your stories from your trip.
I love you,
Aunt Lisa