Monday, May 17, 2010
Goodbye to Baby
I had my last day of volunteering on Friday. I spent the most time there that I ever had, and it was one of my favorite times. The kids were all there, and were somehow on their best behavior. The fights were few, no bleeding whatsoever, and only a couple full-day criers. I played with Baby (my favorite kid at Street Girls) for a lot of the day, and made sure to hold him as often as I could. I broke out my camera for a while, a dangerous move but I got some really great shots, and my camera made it out alive. At the end of the day me and Baby parted ways, me sitting on the stoop, while he walked away waving and saying, "Bye bye!!" I was a puddle. As I walked out of the courtyard I couldn't help but wonder what these kids lives would be like. Would they get an education? Would they remember me? Would they end up working the streets just like their mothers? Would they get into trouble? I couldn't stop thinking about their future. I don't think I'll ever stop imagining Baby and what'll happen to him. I am only happy that I can think of him, and look at my pictures, and remember all our smiles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment