Today I started my classes and am waiting for my first class to start. I just came back from having lunch at the university next door, Ashesi University. It was such an experience I had to come right back to the Academic Center and write about it.
Besides the other three people I had gone to lunch with, we were the only white students on the campus. I finally understood what living in America, as an African, must be like. Completely alone, feeling everyone's eyes on you as you enter the room, and stay on you as you eat, drink, move. No one talked to us, except the security guard on the way out, Daniel. A real nice guy. I truly felt like a black sheep, something I've never dealt with before. I can't imagine the NYU students who are going to school at the University of Ghana, the university that most students go to.
Well I want to be off the computer when my professor comes in so thats all for now. Wish me luck!
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment