Liza and the Lions: Ghana 2010

Everybody thinks its crazy, but its an adventure that I am never going to forget. Four months, living and studying in Ghana, Africa. In the city of Accra I'll go to school at NYU University and Ashesi University, and volunteer throughout the city. January 9th I am off, returning May 16th, two days before my 21st birthday. What's gonna happen in between is a total mystery to me, but it'll be an adventure!!
Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 28, 2009

13 Days till Departure

Plane ticket is booked, visa is acquired, passport is ready. I still have shopping and preparations to do, and packing is slowly beginning to happen. I have a corner of my room dedicated to Ghana, and its slowly becoming crowded with clothes and supplies. I am nervous, excited, petrified, and thrilled to be going. The anxiety of anticipation is killing me, and as much as I am dragging my heels to get on the plane, I can barely wait another minute. I feel like every emotion I feel is paired with the exact opposite. I am sad to go, but I can't wait to leave. I am going to miss everyone, but I sure could use a break from this island. I like my home and my stability, but I am ready for some action and adventure. It's been a while since I had a serious adventure, and I know I am due for one.
I am trying desperately to plan out all the time I have left in the states, so as to not waste a minute that I have left, but its quite difficult to do. I have a list of all the food I need to eat before I leave: lots of Italian, Indian, sushi, and mama's cooking. Each day I think about Ghana, but I am trying to not have many expectations, so as to not get let down. I am going to have enough culture shock as is, I don't need my own expectations to add.
Reality Check: blog is made, flickr is made, I am going abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment